Parliamentary Intergroup for Animal Welfare
Within the European Parliament, there is the Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Species which aim to gather MEPs from different political parties to provide updates and background information on animal related issues.
Meetings usually take place in Strasbourg, one day per month, on the Thursday morning of the EP Plenary Session, and do not exceed 1 hour.
During these meetings, MEPs are invited by experts, stakeholders, rapporteurs and members of the European Commission and member states to exchange views on topical animal welfare issues.
For more information, visit the website of the Intergroup www.animalwelfareintergroup.eu
Composition and members
President: Janusz Wojciechowsk
- Stefan Eck (GUE/NGL – Germany)
- Fredrick FEDERLEY (ALDE – Sweden)
- Jacqueline Foster (ECR – UK)
- Anja Hazekamp (GUE/NGL – Netherlands)
- Esther de Lange (EPP – Netherlands)
- Jörg Leichtfried (S&D – Austria)
- Marlene Mizzi (S&D – Malta)
- Sirpa Pietikäinen (EPP – Finland)
- Keith Taylor (Greens/EFA – UK)
- Michela Giuffrida (S&D – Italy)
Honorary Presidents : Marit Paulsen (ALDE – Sweden) and Pavel Poc (S&D, Czech Republic)
Honorary Secretary: David Martin (S&D – UK)
Secretariat: Eurogroup for Animals
78 Members: list here